Our top five ways to celebrate Christmas in our house:
- We leave cookies and milk out for Santa Claus. We throw a little something out there for the reindeer, too. Then we read a story by the tree, and off to bed for the kids, while Mommy and Daddy wait until the kids are SLEEPING and we put all the gifts under the tree. And then I take a picture, because that’s what I do!
- We SLEEP IN on Christmas morning. The kids may get up, and climb into our bed after they go look at the tree, and check out how many cookies Santa ate, but we end up hanging out in bed watching TV for a little bit. It’s my favorite part of the morning.
- The kids actually TAKE TURNS opening gifts, because they know Mommy has to take photos of them with each gift. Aren’t they so
- We have a special breakfast – whatever they want. Eggs, Pancakes, and if we have it, bacon, too. And we eat it together, but scattered throughout our Living Room! Yeah, that’s right, we’re in the same room at least.
- I always follow up with a picture of the pure mess left behind after the gifts have been opened, and the kids are playing with them, still in the PJs, and then I remind them “Hey, those stockings look like they might have something in them……” and we finish up the rest of the gift opening!