Recently, I decided to take the challenge of reviewing the Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler. See what the good, the not so good, and the final verdict is on this household helper.
Recycling doesn’t have to be ugly! Check out the Rubbermaid Hidden Recycler!
- It arrived packaged with VERY LITTLE packaging. I love that aspect. When I buy things, and there’s so much damn packaging, you feel like you’ve killed a forest of trees, along with so much plastic you feel like you’re directly responsible for the demise of our planet, you feel GUILTY for purchasing the product. Not the case with this product’s packaging.
- Packaged in recyclable materials. LOVE IT.
- EASY to assemble.
- Super easy to install. If you’re able to hang it over your cabinet door, it’s super easy to install. Even if you need to attach it to your cabinet, it’s super easy. HOWEVER, it doesn’t come with screws to attach it.
- DURABLE. It’s very durable. It’s well made. That material is super strong, and the material is easy to clean! Throwing it into the wash is such a huge bonus, but the fact that it’s leak-proof is awesome.
- The product itself, is recyclable.
- Recycled materials used to make the BAG.
- It’s big. It’s 5 gallons. It means I don’t have to go back, and forth, every day, emptying out the bag into the recycle bin. Who wants to do that? It defeats the purpose of having it.
- Easy to take off the cabinet door, when you’re ready to empty it.
- Has a handy handle on the bag, so you don’t have to grab the bottom of the bag when emptying it into your recycle bin. You can grab the top handle, and the handle on the back, and dump. Lightweight, easy to do.
- It’s nice having a recycle bag in the kitchen (better that it’s hidden).
- If you have a lip on your cabinet door, it won’t fit with the “over the cabinet door” hangers. You’ll have to screw it into your cabinet instead.
- It doesn’t come with screws, just the “over the cabinet door” hangers.
- The plastic lid isn’t as good as the sack. It looks like, in my home, it might not last as long as the sack. But that is yet to be determined…..
I like it. I think it’s totally worth the money. Many retailers sell it for as low as $15.99. The color doesn’t matter, because it’ll be hidden, but it’s still a great, neutral color. It’s a waterproof liner, so it’s perfect to use in the bathroom for wet things. I’m always happy to find other uses for the products.