Rebates… you either love them or despise them. Some feel they are they key to saving a ton of money, others don’t like to pay the cash up front, often for an item they didn’t necessarily intend to purchase. It can take weeks to get your money back! What if I told you that there was a magical solution? Online rebating. Online rebates aren’t item specific, they are store specific. You’ll receive a rebate, which is equal to a percentage of your entire purchase.
Get paid to shop online with these top five websites
Using an online rebate website is easy! Just sign up for one (or all) of the sites listed below. After logging into your online rebate site, search for stores. Each tells you the current cash back value at each online store. Once you click through to the store’s website, do your shopping as normal. You can even still use coupon codes to save even more money!
Online rebating sites also pay you to refer friends! You earn a flat fee per referral. Some sites will even pay you a percentage of what your friend earns!
Below are five sites that pay you to shop (all are my referral links:)
- Ebates: This is my favorite site due to ease of use and referral bonuses. In addition to the cash back, you’ll earn $5 for each referral, and they will sometimes offer refer-a-friend bonuses, which will pay you a bonus if you have a certain amount of referrals per quarter. You will also be given the option to receive a $10 gift card to various stores or an additional $5 cash when you make your first purchase of $25+.
- My Points: Similar to Ebates, you’ll earn points instead of cash with My Points. You can redeem these points for gift cards in their rewards store. You’ll both earn 750 points when you friend makes their first $25 purchase and you will also earn a 10% bonus on their earnings.
- Mr Rebates: Easily search their website to see stores offering online rebates. Instead of offering a flat fee per sign up, Mr. Rebates will pay you 20% of all of your friends’ earnings.
- TopCashBack: You’ll earn a percentage of each purchase back, and you’ll also earn $10 for every referral that makes $10 in their own accruals.
- Swagbucks: This is a great way to earn some extra cash. You can earn points, known as SB, for performing tasks such as internet searches, ad watching, and also via online rebates. These points are redeemable for Amazon gift cards (and many others) in their rewards store.
By using online rebating sites, you can easily save an additional 5% to 10% on the items you are already purchasing. Don’t forget, these can be stacked with coupon codes, and other promotions!
There’s more resources, and so many more sites you can hit up online.