Stores are starting to understand how valuable your time is during the holiday season, and many have implemented Low Price Guarantees or Price Match policies to help you do all of your shopping in one place, while still getting all of the deals you’re after!
Here is a listing of some of the biggest and best price match policies for physical stores. Some of these stores are now matching online prices, too! Be sure to read through them before heading out to the store. It’s always a good idea to print them, and keep them handy in case you run into any confusion in the store.
- Best Buy Low Price Guarantee: Best Buy will match both select online and local competitor’s in-store ads. Best Buy will also match their online prices.
Online retailers they will match:
Amazon, Apple, BHPhotoVideo, Crutchfield, Dell, Frys, hhgregg, HP, HomeDepot, Lowes, Newegg, OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, Rakuten (formerly Buy.com), Sears, Staples, Target, TigerDirect, Walmart
Exclusions: Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors’ service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor’s Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through 11:59 p.m. on the Monday after Thanksgiving.
To see the full policy, click here: Best Buy Low Price Guarantee
- Home Depot: Home Depot will match any local store’s advertised price and beat it by 10%.
This policy is very vague and does not specify how they will treat post Thanksgiving.
To see the full policy, click here: Home Depot Low Price Guarantee
- Lowe’s Home Improvement: Lowe’s will match any local store’s advertised price and beat it by 10%. Visit the store for complete details.
To see the full policy, click here: Lowe’s Low Price Guarantee
- Office Depot: Office Depot will match another store’s price on the spot. If the price drops at another store within 14 days of your purchase, the store will pay you the difference.
They match select online retailers:
Staples, OfficeMax, Best Buy, Reliable, Quill, Target, Kmart, Costco, Sears or SamsClub. They will also match all of the prices at OfficeDepot.com
To see the full policy, click here: Office Depot Price Match Guarantee
- Staples: Staples Price Match Guarantee
Staples will match items sold by ANY retailer who sells products in both retail stores or online under the same brand. They will also match items sold from Amazon.com.
You can view the full price match policy here: Staples Price Match Guarantee
- Target: Target will match the price of items from Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com, or in a local competitor’s printed ad. They will also adjust the price if it drops within 7 days at any of the above.
It is clearly stated that they will not match Black Friday ads.
You can view the full price match guarantee here: Target Price Match Guarantee
- Toys R Us: Toys R Us will match the prices of local competitor’s print ads and will also match the online prices of:
Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, buybuybaby.com, Meijer.com, Fredmeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, and Amazon.com.
They will not match any prices the week of Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
There are several exclusions, read through the full Price Match Guarantee before attempting to match prices.
- Walmart: Throughout the holiday season, Walmart implements a special Christmas Ad Match.
Walmart will match a competitor’s printed ad for identical items including Black Friday.
Walmart will also refund the difference (on a Walmart gift card) if the price drops of a previously purchased item, both in-store and at local competitors. This applies until Christmas Eve!
To see the full policy, click here: Walmart Christmas Ad Match Policy