Free outdoor movies are my favorite evening activity during the summers on Long Island. There’s just something about watching movies up on a big screen, while being outside. It reminds me of when we use to have drive-ins on Long Island. Did anyone use to go to those? Our family would load up our dad’s blazer, and head off to watch movies like Superman. I miss those drive-in movie theatres. I haven’t been to one in years, because in order to go to one, I’ve got to go all the way to Upstate New York!
Free outdoor movies
Nassau County Locations
Movies at Lakeside Theatre in Eisenhower Park: All movies are shown on Thursdays, and they all start at dusk.
- 7/10: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
- 7/17: Turbo
- 7/24: The Croods
- 7/31: Despicable Me 2
- 8/7: Epic
- 8/14: Wizard of Oz
- 8/21: Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters
- 8/28: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Lafayette Boulevard Beach; Neptune Boulevard Beach & Virginia Beach. Located in Long Beach. FREE POPCORN.
- 7/5: Back to the Future @ 8:15 P.M. at Lafayette Boulevard Beach
- 7/12: The Wizard of Oz @ 8:15 P.M. at Neptune Boulevard Beach
- 7/19: Jaws @ 8:15 P.M. at Lafayette Boulevard Beach
- 7/26: TBA @ 8:00 P.M. at Virginia Beach
- 8/9: TBA @ 7:45 P.M. at Neptune Boulevard Beach
- 8/16: Rocky Horror Picture Show @ 7:30 P.M. at Virginia Beach
- 8/23: Casablanca @ 7:30 P.M. at Lafayette Boulevard Beach
- 9/13: Frozen @ 6:45 P.M. at Neptune Boulevard Beach
Madison Theatre at Molloy College. Located at 1000 Hempstead Avenue, Rockville Centre. Movies begin at 8:30 P.M., entrance starts at 7:30 P.M.
- 7/11: The Wizard of Oz
- 7/18: Pirates of the Caribbean
- 8/8: Honey I Shrunk the Kids
- 8/22: The Goonies
- 9/5: The Hunger Games
Sea Breeze Park Field. Located at 11 Richmond Street, Freeport. Movies start at 8:30 P.M.
- 7/11: Frozen
- 7/18: Monsters University
- 7/25: Mr. Peabody and Sherman
- 8/1: Rio II
- 8/8: The Lego Movie
- 8/15: Gravity
Sunset Park. Located in Port Washington. Movies start at 8:30 P.M.
- 7/12: Sixteen Candles
- 7/26: For Love of the Game
- 8/9: The Lego Movie (starts at 8 P.M.)
Nickerson Beach. Located at 880 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach. Movies start at dusk.
- 7/18: Bedtime Stories
- 7/25: Princess Bride
- 8/15: Night at the Museum
- 8/22: ET: The Extra-Terrestrial
Clark Botanic Garden. Located at 193 I.U. Willets Road, Albertson. Starts at 8:45 P.M.
- 7/29: Million Dollar Baby
Cedar Creek Park. Located at 3340 Merrick Road, Seaford. Movies start at dusk.
- 8/5: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- 8/12 Sandlot
- 8/19: Little Giants
- 8/26: The Goonies
Astoria Federal Savings Bank PARKING LOT. Located at 50 Jackson Avenue, Syosset. Starts at 8 P.M.
- 8/6: The Lego Movie
Martin Bunky Reid Park. Located on Broadway in Westbury. Starts at 8 P.M.
- 8/15: The Rookie
Suffolk County Locations
Silas Marder Gallery. Located at 120 Snake Hollow Road, Bridgehampton. Movies start at dark (not before 9 P.M.)
- 7/4: Throne of Blood
- 7/11: Born Yesterday
- 7/18: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- 7/25: Gimme Shelter
- 8/1: Alice in Wonderland
- 8/8: Dr. No
- 8/15: Stagecoach
- 8/22: Creature from the Black Lagoon
- 8/29: Serpico
Prime Restaurant. Located at 117 New York Avenue, Huntington. All movies begin at 8:30 P.M. and must be 18 years of age, or older, if not accompanied by an adult.
- 7/7: Jaws
- 7/14: Gone in Sixty Seconds
- 7/21: Sex in the City
- 7/28: Step Brothers
- 8/4: The Cable Guy
- 8/11: Casino Royale
- 8/18: Silver Linings Playbook
- 8/25: Pulp Fiction
- 9/8: Meet the Parents
Lindenhurst Town Hall Lawn. Located at 200 E. Sunrise Highway, Lindenhurst. Movies begin at 8:30 P.M. If it rains, head out the following night to see the movies!
- 7/7: Teen Beach Movie
- 7/21: Monsters University
- 8/4: Superman
- 8/18: Frozen
Shinnecock Canal Park. Located at 6 Newtown Road, Hampton Bays.
- 7/7: The Bad News Bears @ 8:30 P.M.
- 8/18: Despicable Me 2 @ 8 P.M. at East Quogue Village Green on Montauk Highway & Lewis Road, east Quogue.
Deepwells Farm County Park. Located on Route 25A at Moriches Road in St. James. Movies start at dark.
- 7/10: Frozen (Rain Date: 7/17)
- 8/7: The Lego Movie (Rain Date: 8/14)
- 9/5: TBA
Crab Meadow Beach. Located at Waterside Avenue, Northport. Starts at Sunset. (If it rains, movies will be shown at 7:30 P.M. at Elwood Middle School, located at 478 Elwood Road, East Northport.)
- 7/10: Rocky II
- 7/24: Back to the Future
Mulford Farm. Located at 10 James Lane, East Hampton. Movies start at 8:30 P.M.
- 7/11: Ghostbusters (rain date: 7/12)
- 8/8: The Goonies (rain date: 8/11)
Mayor Jeanne Garant Harborfront Park Lawn. Located in Port Jefferson Village Center. Movies start at dusk.
- 7/15: Super Buddies (rain date: 7/16)
- 7/22: Saving Mr. Banks (rain date: 7/23)
- 7/29: Despicable Me 2 (rain date: 7/30)
- 8/5: The Lego Movie (rain date: 8/6)
- 8/12: Gravity (rain date: 8/13)
- 8/19: Frozen (rain date: 8/20)
Newsday. Located at 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville. Tickets Required. Free Admission. Gates open at 6:30 P.M.
- 8/1: Despicable Me 2 (rain date: 8/8)
- 8/22: Frozen (rain date: 8/29)
Peter Nelson Park. Located at Oakwood Road, Huntington. Starts at SUNSET. (If it rains, movie will be shown at Elwood Middle School, 478 Elwood Road, East Northport at 7:30 P.M.)
- 8/18: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
North Hempstead Beach Park. Located at 175 W. Shore Road, Port Washington. Starts at 8 P.M.
- 8/23: Frozen