Long Island has so much to do for free, but sometimes, we’re all about helping others. There’s a few ways to give back to our local community, and still have a whole lot of fun at a super low donation price! Coming up very soon is the Hurrican Sandy Concert on June 8th from noon to 9:30pm.
Hurrican Sandy Concert in the Park at Lakeside Theatre in Eisenhower Park, East Meadow.
$10 Donation is suggested, and it will benefit the Nassau county Hurricane Recovery Fund.
- 12pm: Mike DelGuidice (Big Shot)
- 1pm: Upper Cut Band
- 2pm: Five Stone Band
- 3pm: That 70’s Band
- 4pm: Rapid Fire Band
- 5pm: Strawberry Fields Band
- 6pm: Liberty DeVitto (Longtime Billy Joel Drummer)
- 7pm: Killer Joe Band
- 8pm: Country Line Country Band
- 9pm: Disco Unlimited
In Suffolk County, there’s a series of great musical performances happening all summer long. Each night of the series is another chance to donate to Long Island Cares. You can donate cash, a check, or a non perishable food item.
Nesconset Concert Series at the Gazebo
127 Smithtown Boulvard, Across the street from Nesconset Plaza, next door to the library
Events start at 7:30pm, all are FREE, but a donation is welcome. Donate a nonperishable food item for Long Island Cares, or cash or check donations made out to Long Island Cares.
- July 2: Songs in the Attic, tribute to Billy Joel
- July 9: That 70’s Band
- July 16: Dec8dia performing hits of the ’80s
- July 23: Minute by Minute (Michael McDonald/Doobie Brothers Tribute Band)
- July 30: 45RPM performing hits of the ’70s
- August 6: Desert Highway performing hits from The Eagles
- August 13: Just Groovin’, music from the ’70s to today
Enjoy amazing events, and give back to our local community. It’s the perfect way to spend summer with the kids, and family!