Recently, we endured a little storm here on Long Island. You may have heard about it, she went by the name Sandy. Well, this storm left many of us on Long Island without power. Why? Well, trees, and tree branches, were falling down all over the place, knocking down power lines! We had two huge branches take out the power in our neighborhood.
We were without power, or heat, or much of anything, for about 9 days. Personally, my kids aren’t on electronic toys all that much. They aren’t huge fans of the Leapsters anymore, since all they do is freeze up. They do like their TV. However, they also like a lot of old school games, and toys, that we’ve un-Earthed from my mother’s house…..
Growing up, my sister had a Rubik’s Cube. It was the most frustrating item ever created for those of us who just couldn’t figure it out. However, no matter how frustrating it was, I always played with it. I know I’m not the only one who tortured herself like this! My kids, they think it’s rather cool. Little Miss kind of digs it, but she has a math brain like my sister, so I would imagine, she’ll figure it out rather fast, once she sets her mind to it. Oh, and her little brother isn’t all up in her grill trying to get it from her!
During the storm’s power outage, sure we holed up at my mom’s house where there was electricity, heat, and the comforts of home. However, games were necessary, and instead of causing them frustration with the old school Rubik’s Cube, we lucked out, because now, Rubik’s has come out with a line of toys for kids. They are addictive. Well, at least the Rubik’s Rock & Roll Maze is addictive.
It’s got all the colors going on, like your Rubik’s products already out there. However, this time around it’s got a crazy maze, a silver ball, and the music to help keep you motivated!
It can withstand a dropping, or two, or three…..okay, a lot of dropping. Plus, it’s something the kids figured out how to use TOGETHER. They each grab it by the cone shaped bottom, and help each other get the silver ball around the maze, into the lit up colored spots on the maze! LOVE IT.
What the kids loved
- the fact that it has music
- the bottom is shaped like a cone, so the kids can move it around rather easily
- three modes: you can just play for fun, do whatever you want, or you have two other modes that are a bit more challenging
What the kids didn’t love
- the little legs on the cone are hard to get back out, in case you don’t want it rolling over all of the place (which can be challenging)
- the ring that you turn, to move the puzzle board around to work the ball through the maze, can be a bit hard to move
What I loved
- it kept the kids busy for a few hours when they first got to try it
- it kept the kids engaged for days after we got it, because I put it in the car for our “errand running”
- it was fun to do for me….once the legs were pushed into the cone shape, it is a bit more challenging, and fun, for the older kids
- having it in the car worked out well, because we had to flee our home during the storm, so we could have HEAT at my mother’s house – the toy traveled easily
I have to say, I’m a fan. The kids roll their eyes when I want to play, but when they go to bed, it’s all mine. And I like it!
Here’s the great part about reviewing some of these amazing toys, I get to give some away to my lucky readers!!!!!
The Giveaway ***GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. WINNER WAS CHOSEN.***
Tollytots® wants to give you a little something! They are offering a prize from their huge selection of goodies! They would love to get you one of these amazing Rubik’s® Rock & Roll Maze toys (NOTE: If they cannot provide this particular prize, they will send a comparable prize to you. There are NO GUARANTEES you will get this exact item, but they can guarantee you will get something fantastic from the Tollytots® line of toys!)
How to Enter
- It would be lovely if you commented below and told me about at time you actually solved your very own Rubik’s Cube “back in the day.”
- I would LOVE for you guys to LIKE Tollytots on Facebook. Once you have, come back here, leave a comment to let me know it’s done. Super easy, it’s right here –> LIKE TOLLYTOTS
- Perhaps you could also head over and like Tollytots on Twitter? It would be awesome if you did, and then came back here, left a comment once you have done so. Here’s the link –> FOLLOW TOLLYTOTS
- I wouldn’t mind a little help spreading this Giveaway around. So if you can share with others on FB, or Twitter, or Pinterest, that would be AMAZING. Then head back here, with the link to the place you shared the Giveaway, and leave it in a comment, that would be OUTSTANDING!
That’s it. Four little steps, super fast and simple. ALL are welcome, but you have to do at least one…..because hey, this is a giveaway, right?!!!
You must be 18+ years.
You must live in the CONTINENTAL U.S. (Sorry Hawaii, and Alaska.)
You MUST remember that I will be required to get your full name, shipping address, and email, in order to send it over to Tollytots so you can have your prize shipped.
Once the winner is chosen, I will email the winner, who will have exactly 48 hours to RESPOND to the original email. After the 48 hours, I choose another winner. Sorry folks, there’s no rest for the wicked, and I want these out to people in time for the holidays! So ‘dems da rules.
ENDS on: November 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME.
*I received this item in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are mine, and that of my children.