Earlier in July I shared the Long Island Growers Markets happening in 2013, but I only did Suffolk County. Life got in the way, and I totally forgot to share the ones for Nassau County. Well, it’s eleven days later, but here they are! Enjoy all the goodies you can buy, especially since the farmers are all LOCAL! Supporting our community is important to all of us, and getting fresh produce is a HUGE bonus!
- Garden City Farmers Market: 101 County Seat Drive, behind State Supreme Court off of Old Country Road in Mineola. You can shop there every Tuesday from 7am until 1pm until November 26th.
- Locust Valley Farmers Market: 115 Forest Avenue in the LIRR Parking Lot across from the Post Office in Locust Valley. It’s open on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm from now until November 16th.
- Rockville Centre Farmers Market: Long Beach Road and Sunrise Highway in Railroad Parking Lot Number 12. Head there on Sundays from 7am to 12pm from now until November 24th.
- Roslyn Farmers Market: Christopher Morley Park at 500 Searingtown Road in Roslyn. This one is open on Wednesdays from 7am to 1pm until November 27th.
- Seaford Farmers Market: Railroad Street, East End of Parking lot of Seaford Railroad Station, on the corner of Washington Avenue and Sunrise Highway. Saturdays from 7am to 12pm is when this one opens for business, and it’ll be open until November 23rd.
Head out and enjoy the fresh goodies. There’s not just fruits and veggies, either. Many of these markets have BAKED GOODS. Who doesn’t love that kind of treat?!!!