I don’t care who you are, we are all the same. We all make resolutions on New Year’s Eve. We all break at least one of those resolutions within 24 hours of making it, the rest of us break them within 48 hours of making it. So it got me thinking of which of the resolutions out there are the top ones we make, and then break, within 24 to 48 hours.
Don’t get me wrong, we all make our resolutions with the true “belief” and “integrity” that we will most definitely stick to them. But resolutions are made and broken within 24 to 48 hours into the New Year.
Here’s the TOP 5:
- Eat Healthier. Yup, going to eat healthier. Head to Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s to buy the better quality meats, and products. Right after I finish all the leftover desserts from New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. It’s a shame to waste all that food, and really, all that money….which leads me to the second resolution on the list…
- Save Money. This is the year “to get out of debt” and not overspend on everything. Those new boots on sale at Macy’s aren’t worth the debt, and interest charges on the credit card. I’ll clip coupons, and make spreadsheets, and be super fantastic about my extreme couponing. Just like that TV SHOW. And then you look at the coupon books, the scissors, and how much work, and time it takes to be an extreme couponer, and that run to the store after the New Year leads to buying the boots because they are on sale. Can’t beat that!
- Yell at the Kids less. This one lasts less than 24 hours. As soon as bedtime hits, and the kids refuse to sleep, but rather want to stay up and play with their new gadgets they got for Christmas, because school starts back up soon, and they won’t be able to play them all day while at school…….yeah, the yelling starts IMMEDIATELY after the ball has dropped.
- Spend more time with Family. I’m not even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole. You all know why this one never works, no need for explanation here!
- Exercise. Who are we all kidding here? Why do we even bother uttering the word exercise?
What are some of your top resolutions that you truly believe you will follow through on, and then you wake up on New Year’s Day…..hit the snooze button, and forget everything you resolved to do for the upcoming year?!!! Leave me some of the best ones in the comments below.